We understand and assume our responsibility to work toward reducing the negative environmental impact/influence which may be a result of our activities and practices. Organics and More, LLC, commits to the following principles:
- We will contribute to environmental protection and pollution prevention through our business activities.
- We will understand the environmental influence of our activities, products, and services, working toward continuous improvement of our environmental management system.
- We will actively train our employees to minimize the use of energy, thus reducing overall energy consumption.
- We will actively engage our employees to use waste reduction techniques.
- We will promote the use of environmentally friendly products and services.
- We will communicate our environmental policy to all persons working for, and on behalf of, Organics and More LLC, in order to increase their awareness of and continual improvement concerning environmental protection.
- We will make our environmental policy available to the public upon request.
Based on the principles of international human rights norms as described in International Labor Organization Conventions, the United Nations Conventions on the Rights of the Child, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, National/Local Labor Laws and SA 8000, Organics and More, LLC, has developed the following codes of conduct under which products are to be manufactured.
- Laws and Workplace Regulations: The Company will comply with laws and regulations in all business locations.
- No Child Labor: The Company will not engage in or support the use of child labor.
- No Forced Labor: The Company will not use any involuntary or forced labor- indentured, bonded, or otherwise.
- Health and Safety: The Company will provide employees with a safe and healthy work environment. The Company will ensure prevention of accidents and injury. Clean and sanitary support facilities, access to potable water, and safety training will also be a part of the Company’s policy.
- Freedom of Association: The Company will recognize and respect the rights of employees to associate, organize, and bargain collectively in a lawful and peaceful manner, without penalty or interference.
- Nondiscrimination: The Company will employ, pay, promote, and terminate workers on the basis of their ability to do the job, rather than on the basis of race, religion, sex, age and residency or place of birth.
- No Harassment or Abuse: The Company will provide a work environment free of harassment, abuse, or corporal punishment in any form.
- Hours of Work: Hours worked each day, and the days worked each week shall not exceed the legal limitations. The Company will provide weekends off, except as required to meet urgent business needs.
- Compensation and Benefits: The Company will pay at least the minimum total compensation as required by local law, including those relating to minimum wages, overtime, maximum hours, piece rates and other elements of compensation providing legally mandated benefits.
- Environment: The Company will comply with environmental rules, regulations, and standards applicable to their operations and will observe environmentally conscious practices in all locations of business.
- Management Systems: This policy has been implemented ensuring that the requirements of the BSCI Code of Conduct will be met. The management will also ensure correct implementation and improvement in the systems through training of employees and by taking necessary corrective action against any non-compliance. A non-management employee will be nominated by his/her peers to be responsible for social accountability.
- Customs Compliance: The Company will comply with applicable customs laws regarding illegal transshipment of products.
- Drug Interdiction: The Company cooperates with local, national, and foreign customs and drug enforcement agencies to guard against illegal shipments of drugs.